AARP Tax Help

Tuesday, April 17, 2018
Garland County Library
Room D

Event Details

AARP Tax Help
Personal Taxes Only

No Business, Rental Property  or Farm Taxes

February 1st through April 17th
10am - 2pm
10am - 2pm & 3pm - 7pm
Wednesday 10am - 2pm & 3pm - 7 pm
10am - 2pm & 3pm - 7 pm
10am - 2pm

First come, first serve- no appointments
Be prepared to wait. New laws mean longer sessions with each return filed.

Library Staff can NOT:
Answer tax-related questions
Take phone calls or messages for AARP

Provide assistance filling out tax forms or filing online

Find More Forms Online
Federal Website
Arkansas State Website -


What to bring with you:
Government issued identification

 Last year's tax return
 Social Security cards or other official documentation for yourself and all dependents
 Checkbook or pre-printed direct deposit information for your reloadable prepaid card showing routing number and direct deposit account number if you want to do a direct deposit of any refund(s).


 W-2 from each employer
 Unemployment compensation statements
 SSA-1099 form showing the total Social Security benefits paid to you for the year, or Form RRB-1099, Tier 1 Railroad Retirement benefits
 1099 forms reporting interest (1099-INT), dividends (1099-DIV), proceeds from sales (1099-B), as well as documentation showing the original purchase price of your sold assets
 1099-R form if you received a pension or annuity, especially if you had a portion withheld for income tax purposes
 1099-MISC form showing any miscellaneous income.


You will need to bring all forms and canceled checks indicating federal and state income tax paid (including quarterly estimated tax payments).

Most taxpayers have a choice of taking either a standard deduction or itemizing their deductions. If you have a substantial amount of deductions, you may want to itemize. You will need to bring the following information:

 1098 form showing any home mortgage interest
 Receipts or canceled checks for medical/dental expenses (including doctor and hospital bills and medical insurance premiums), receipts for prescription medicines, costs of assisted living services and bills for home improvements, such as ramps and railings for people with disabilities
 Receipts for contributions to charity
 Receipts or canceled checks for all tax income and property taxes you paid, as well as records of tax refunds


 Dependent care provider information (name, employer ID or Social Security number)
 Receipts, canceled checks or 1098T (must have) forms related to continuing education

Affordable Care Act (ACA) Information

Be sure to bring relevant documents with you to prove you are in compliance with the ACA. You will need one of the following:

 Documentation proving health care coverage for you, your spouse and all your dependents
 Information indicating that you were covered for at least nine months of the year
 Form 1095-A (which you will receive by Jan. 31, 2017) if you purchased insurance through the Marketplace/Exchange
 Documentation of a Health Care Exemption received from the Healthcare Marketplace/Exchange
Event Type(s): Adult
Age Group(s): Adults