Government issued identification
· Last year's tax return
· Social Security cards for all persons on Return
· Picture ID for taxpayer and spouse
· Checkbook or pre-printed direct deposit information for your reloadable prepaid card showing routing number and direct deposit account number if you want to do a direct deposit of any refund(s).
· W-2 from each employer
· Unemployment compensation statements
· SSA-1099 form showing the total Social Security benefits paid to you for the year, or Form RRB-1099, Tier I & II Railroad Retirement benefits
· 1099 forms reporting interest (1099-INT), dividends (1099-DIV), proceeds from stock sales (1099-B), as well as documentation showing the original purchase price of your sold assets
· 1099-R form if you received a pension or annuity
· 1099-MISC form showing any miscellaneous income
· W-2G Certain Gambling Winnings
You will need to bring all forms and canceled checks indicating federal and state income tax paid (including quarterly estimated tax payments).
Most taxpayers have a choice of taking either a standard deduction or itemizing their deductions. If you have a substantial amount of deductions, you may want to itemize. You will need to bring the following information:
· 1098 form showing any home mortgage interest
· Receipts or canceled checks for medical/dental expenses (including doctor and hospital bills and medical insurance premiums), receipts for prescription medicines, costs of assisted living services and bills for home improvements, such as ramps and railings for people with disabilities
· Receipts for contributions to charity
· Receipts or canceled checks for all tax income and property taxes you paid, as well as records of tax refunds
· Dependent care provider information (name, employer ID or Social Security number)
· Receipts, canceled checks or 1098T (must have) forms related to continuing education
Affordable Care Act (ACA) Information
Be sure to bring your form 1095-A (which you should receive by January 31, 2020) with you to reconcile purchase of Marketplace/Exchange insurance.